Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Mantra: Shit Could Be Worse




Once again, I find myself needing to apologize for the lack of posts - a shortage that I foresee lasting through next week.
I know most of my Monday Mantras are usually all about positivity and optimism and carpe-ing the freaking diem, but I guess today's is a little more of a backward approach to that. 
As I sat here and started listing out my list of dreaded to-do's (work deadlines, wedding planning craziness and finals), I realized how much that list sounds like a bunch of obnoxious #richpeopleproblems, #firstworldproblems, or even just #happypeopleproblems. I mean, we're all guilty of it. We talk about how busy we are and gripe about the things that make us tired "just thinking about it," so I decided that it would probably be a good idea to remind myself that shit could be worse
Sure, I wanted to curse whoever decided we needed daylight savings time when my alarm went off this morning, but at least now it'll be light enough at the end of the day to go for a good run, outside, in fresh air.
I've got many long hours of trying to make sense of the past ten weeks of accounting and econ before finals next week, but then I'll get my first "Spring Break" since 2007!!! Even though these days Spring Break really just means a week of being able to come home after work and not feeling guilty about watching hours of bad TV instead of studying. 
And yes, I am up to my ears in wedding planning, but of course, there really is no downside to having a reason to plan one big huge lovefest/party for all of your closest friends and family. 

So the next time you're thinking about how stressed out you are...just remember this little note-to-self: Shit could be worse. 
Stay positive my friends.

1 comment:

  1. this was just what i needed. thanks allyson :)

    ReplyDelete